Manchester IVC Privacy Statement – 17/1/18
This Privacy Statement is available on request by those completing the Membership Application form and giving consent to the use of their personal data, as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016.
- Manchester IVC collects data for the following purposes:
- Recording who is a current member of the Club;
- Communicating with members regarding Club business, including e.g. event organisation and publicity, subscription collection, and notification of General Meetings;
- Following up enquiries from prospective members.
- Data is primarily collected at the time of joining the Club via the Membership Application form, and stored in the membership database.
- The collected data is treated as confidential, and we take all reasonable steps to ensure its security and prevent accidental loss, misuse or destruction.
- The membership database is controlled by the Membership Secretary, and the email distribution list for the eBulletin is controlled by the eBulletin Editor.
- Manchester IVC does not share any of the data it collects with third parties, and no international transfers take place.
- Data collected on individuals is held for as long as the individual remains a member, and is erased within three months if the individual resigns from the Club.
- Members can request a copy of the electronic data held on them by the Club, and request corrections if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Members can request deletion from the eBulletin distribution list at any time, by replying to the eBulletin email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the Subject line.