Zoom wine tastings have proved popular – we normally attract around 15-20 people. They are informal but we hope you will learn something from them as well as enjoying some good company.
1. The topic tonight is the wines of Spain & Portugal – you will need to obtain one (or more if you wish) bottle(s). Our experience is that very cheap wines are rarely good so aim to spend at least £8 to get something worth drinking.
2. The host will introduce the evening.
3. We will watch a video on the wines of Spian & Portugal
4. Each participant in turn will then talk about the wine they have bought – where from, the price, the manufacturer etc. They will then sample the wine describing its colour, aroma and taste and overall impression.
5. There will be a quiz on Spanish & Portugese wines.
6. And we will end up with a general chat about the wines and plan our next online wine tasting.
Join us from 7.45pm and the tasting will start sharp at 8pm – please arrive on time. There is no charge.
To join us click on https://zoom.us/j/4689584830 and follow the online instructions. You will enter the waiting room and Dave will invite you into the Virtual Wine Bar. Turn on sound and video. You will see and hear all the other wine tasters.
Please let Dave know if you are joining us. (Members see AIVC website for contact details.)