Our free online wine tastings have proved so popular that we are making them monthly events until the pandemic is over. We normally attract 15-20 people. Our wine tastings are informal but we hope you will learn something from them as well as enjoying some good company.
1. The topic tonight is the great variety of wines of East Europe – you will need to obtain one (or more if you wish) bottle(s). Our experience is that very cheap wines are rarely good so aim to spend at least £8 to get something worth drinking (ie cost of a couple of pints of beer!).
2. The host will introduce the evening.
3. We will watch a video on the wines of East Europe.
4. Each participant in turn will then talk about the wine they have bought – where from, the price, the manufacturer etc. They will then sample the wine describing its colour, aroma and taste and overall impression.
5. And we will end up with a general chat about the wines and plan our next online wine tasting.
Join us from 7.45pm and the tasting will start sharp at 8pm – please arrive on time.
Click on https://zoom.us/j/4689584830 using your PC (with video/microphone) or laptop or iPad or Tablet or Smart phone. Download the app and indicate your name (only necessary on your first Zoom visit). You will enter the waiting room and Dave will invite you into the Virtual Wine Bar. Turn on sound and video. You will see and hear all the other wine tasters.
Please let Dave know if you are joining us. (Members see AIVC website for contact details.)